Rabu, 04 April 2018

What if Depression is My Superpower?

It is an hour and a half past midnite, my flu is getting worse. My mood hit another low point half an hour ago. Shit, how did I become this weak? But thanks for Minoru Suzuki's NJPW theme song, Kaze ni Nare, I am back to my normal mood. Wait, let me change the song a bit, I dont want to have a nightmare about him.

Like I said last week, I channel my overflowing emotion to my stories. And not just angers. Sadness, pain, fears, lust, despairs. The funny thing is, I just realized that without all of those emotions, I am a shit writer. I just finished two of my new stories in this thirty minutes of depression, and I think both turned out quite decent.

So, I am thinking, what if depression is my superpower? Well that's kind of messed up don't you think? Maybe I am just using writing as some sort of anesthesia or something, to suppress my own darkness. Or maybe it just want me to acknowledge its existence. I don't know.

But the point is, maybe from now on, I have to embrace it. Wear it on my sleeves. Be proud of it. Use it as a fuel to achieve my foolish ambition, to be a writer.

Because, the only alternate point of view is, my brain already got so damaged that it needs to be beaten to be able to work.

Di atas kasur, di sebelah Jey.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar