Kamis, 15 Maret 2018

God, please acknowledge us. See that our love won’t be lonely.

I am not a religious person, I am in the other end of the spectrum. I am not an Atheist either. I am what people call a Deist. It's a belief that there is a God, but It won't meddle in our life. Imagine this, God is a script writer in a stage called the universe, in a play called the humanity. So, what would a script writer do when the play is on the progress? Nothing. Just sit back, and enjoy the show.

So anyway, I've been reading this webnovel for the past days. The title is called Praise the Orc. It's concept is silly, it tells a story about an ex military guy who dive into an online game to protect his sister from cyber bullying and cyber sexual harassment. 

Wait, I need to change the music, getting tired of listening The Second You Sleep by Saybia for half an hour on repeat.

The coolest thing about this series was how the author could write a sophisticated point of view from the eyes of orcs. Orcs, in case most of you doesn't know, is often portrayed as a savage green skinned barbarian tribe which only knows how to kill. But in this series, they paint it as a honorable warrior tribe, with their warriors' laws which akin to the medieval-esque chivalry code.

There was this character named Lennox, he was a mentor for a newbie orc who aspired of being a warrior. Before teaching the warriors' laws, he said, "God, please acknowledge me. See that our honor won’t be lonely." I wasn't paying much attention to it back then, but after 100+ chapters it was being recalled again. 

An orc shaman explain it to the main character, “I sacrificed my life to save the world. But nobody knows. If this was meaningless, how lonely would I be? So I desperately hoped. Someone is watching. That is why we walk through life with a sense of honor.” 

And it hit me, hard. How lonely I was last year? Thinking that life is so meaningless. Thinking that no matter what I do, I am still as useless as I could ever be. I forgot back then, that someone--no, an entity, which live in a higher dimension than us, is, was, and always be watching over us.

Like the orc shaman said, "He who we don’t understand or can’t understand. He who builds the world and supports the world. And he who always watch us. He who blows the wind along our back when we walk the road alone. This is our god... no, our pathetic belief."

Then by 29 December 2018, He pushed me, He pushed me down on your way, my lovely Jey. As if He said, "Look, all the crack, all the imperfection I made you, I did it so you could match her.. perfectly." And perfectly we do matched. If you are one of my innermost circle you would know that I describe Jey as "The girl whom God custom made just to perfectly *click* with me. Just for me. Like I do just for her."

So now that I am no longer lonely, I desperately hoped, "God, please acknowledge us. See that our love won’t be lonely."

Di sisi Jey, Hari dimana WWE Fastlane 2019 akan ditayangkan.

Di waktu dimana aku semakin mencintainya.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar